Pages

3.27.2012

no gadget day

Today is a totally weird day. 

Less gadgets, less worries. Hahaha! 

Yesterday, during midday, a thief broke into our house and unfortunately was successful in taking my laptop. It was an 18-inch, orange, Toshiba laptop. A hand-me-down from my mom but still very much working. As of press time, I still haven't told my mom what happened. Hopefully, by tonight when I get home I can fetch my mobile phone and call her.

See, it was really a less tech-y for me. I accidentally left my phone at home while I left it charging. (No worries, I have already asked my sister to unplug it, to keep the house from burning this time Apparently, I did not plug it in its usual socket so when I checked in that area this morning and did not find anything, I thought I was all set for work. Hahaha! Funny how our brain works sometimes and how it tricks us! 

I bet I will be surprised on how many missed calls are registered on my call log and messages will be there later. 

Without all of these gadgets, I feel different. As if extensions of myself are lopped off. Well, in truth, I still function and breathe! I still get to communicate with people who matters, although, I guess, I have to go use more primitive technology like the land line phone and email. What enjoyed though was the peace and seeming break from incessant text messaging and phone calls. (Sorry, friends! Hehe!) I remembered how much I wanted to switch off my mobile phone but always hesitated because of "important" calls I might miss. Today, it felt that communication is more valuable when intended rather than senseless "necessity" to keep in touch.

Today surely felt weird...but surely good. :)

No comments: