Pages

7.27.2008

what dreams may come

I just read Kate's blog about dreams--being her night visions in her sleep and those which he envisions to be and have. And so this blog entry.

Last night, Dee and I were texting about stuff that are happening with our lives. (See, we talk a lot. Partida pa yan, kasi magkasama pa kami nung gabi. Hahaha!) In one of her replies in my seemingly provoking comments, she said: "Faith, I am a woman who also gets what I want.... Lalalalala." To which, I asked myself, "Ikaw Faith, are you getting what you want? What is it that you really want?" I intimated these thoughts to Dee, and of course she returned the question back to me. I had a seemingly precise answer, although deep within I know it wasn't the summation of my desire. Perhaps, I didn't feel the sense of certainty with my reply.

I know what I want in certain areas of my life. I know that I want to become a lawyer, have more than enough money for security and comfort. I want to have a loving husband and adorable kids as well. I also want to help others. The Mother Teresa in me kicks in too, y'know? I do dream to see the Philippines rise above the ashes that we dig for ourselves. Nevertheless, it's like having a picture in puzzle pieces and such puzzle pieces aren't found just yet. At this point, everything else is seen in mist. As if am staring at an unfinished painting, and after completing it, soon I'll be stepping into it.

I will quote the Bible passage commented by Kate's friend:

"Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.
Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith." (Habakkuk 2:2-4)

Indeed, dreams do have to be clear for you to have it. Hold it in your head and soon you'll hold it in your hand. Whether it's gonna be a long before it comes, it is still gonna come. It's the resilience of holding unto it. Whether it is a test of how bad you want it to happen or a weeding out of fleeting whims, nevertheless we should not lose faith.

This is such an inspiring morning.

No comments: